We hope you are rested and bikes cleaned from Alpenrose Dairy, because this Sunday we're racing again in Cascade Locks in Oregon's beautiful Columbia River Gorge!
CASCADE LOCKS STRONG!
As you may have heard, the city of Cascade Locks is in a financial hardship due to the Eagle Creek fires.
Let's show them our support by patronizing the local businesses as much as we can! We will be randomly distributing gift certificates to racers valid at various local businesses -
check the race results board on Sunday to see if you are a lucky winner!
The Team Competition theme of this race is COHO WIND!
About 17 years ago, The Oregonian and the Oregon chapter of the American Meteorological Society held a contest to "Name Our East Wind."
There were 7,000 entries, with more than 2,400 separate suggestions. The winner was "Coho", but, really, the name never really got much traction.
Nowadays, everybody just calls it the "East" or "Gorge" wind.
Kites, windsocks, flags, or ??? Let's take advantage of those winds and the surrounding beauty.
Bring your handmade wind decor and display at your team tent! The winning team (as judged by the Crusade Crew) will be awarded the Coveted Prize -- the Cascade Locks Venue Flag!!
1) Parking has changed this year. Please obey the parking attendants.
2) Online pre-registration closes Saturday at 5:00pm. http://obra.org/events/25570/register
Day of registration will be available onsite, beginning at 7:30 am
3) Pre-ride and team tent setup will be on Saturday from 3:00 - 5:00 PM
ABSOLUTELY NO EARLY TEAM TENT SET-UP OR PRE-RIDING
4) Overnight camping at Cascade Locks is available. Space is limited.
Email firstname.lastname@example.org to reserve a spot.
NO campfires! Garbage facilities are EXTREMELY LIMITED. If you pack it in, please pack it out.
5) We will be selling Cyclocross Crusade LIMITED EDITION stainless steel PINT GLASSES for ten bucks, which also gets you TWO BEERS at the venue from Thunder Island Brewing (while supplies last)!
6) JUNIOR RAFFLE: We have amazing items donated by our generous sponsors to raffle off! Tickets are $10 and ALL PROCEEDS benefit junior racing at Cyclocross Nationals
Look for the raffle near registration in the expo area
7) Please check the PODIUM schedule! We have made some minor changes. Must be present and on-time to the podium to receive prize.
8) Race #2 of the CRUSADE XC will take place at 4:30. Bring your running shoes and give it a go! PRIZES for Top 3 Men and Top 3 Women on the podium from adidas and Foot Traffic, our GENEROUS sponsors!
Additionally, top 10 men and women will earn Cyclocross Crusade call-up points. Visit our website for more details
>From I-84, Take Cascade Locks exit onto Wa Na Pa St. Turn onto Forest Lane.
Turn (across train track) onto Industrial Park Way. Follow signs and attendants to parking
Check our website for race schedule and other info:
Thank you to our sponsors:
River City Bicycles
Bob's Red Mill Natural Foods
Sellwood Cycle Repair
Chris King Precision Components
Unitus Community Credit Union
ABUS Mobile Security
Sage Titanium Bicycles
GORE BIKE WEAR
Giro Sport Design
Pacific Crest Children's Urgent Care
Gates Carbon Drive
Reverend Nat's Hard Cider
Kids' Cross presented by Islabikes
Our race series could not happen without our generous sponsors! We want to thank them for their tremendous support
Please remember them with your business throughout the year!